You are ready to begin!
Here are the first few steps we need for you to check off the list so that we are ready to begin designing your new site.
We suggest to our clients that we would like for you to register your domain and hosting. The benefits on your end is that you OWN your site. You are not relying on us to bill you monthly and often when companies do that they pad the price of your monthly fee. Our goal is to keep your cost as low as possible! We have found the best companies to handle your site and the prices we have negotiated are the best around. When registering don’t forget to click the links so that you can take full advantage of the special offers.
STEP ONE: Register your Domain Name.
Your domain is like your street address. This is where your clients will find you. When considering a web address think of something that represents your company. Keep it easy to spell and not too long if possible. We suggest buying the domain separate from the hosting just in case you ever want to switch hosting sites.
Our favorite Domain Registration is Go Daddy
Here are the steps to registering your site.
• Click the banner ad above, it will open in a new window.
• In the “Search for a new Domain” box on their home page enter the name you would like to register. If it is available it will show on the next page. If not go back and try another name until your name is available.
• On the second page you should see a Yellow banner near the top showing your special pricing. It is possible that the actual price will show up throught the order, but verify the special has been added before finishing your checkout.
• Click the Green button to the right “Continue to Registration”
• In the second box in the middle of the columns select how many years you would like to register it for. Remember your pricing is per year.
• You have the option to certify or uncertify. I usually select not to – this is so if anyone wants to know if you are who you say you are by looking at your domain then they can see that your name and address has been verified.
• Select the next button
• In this window the “Yellow” column should say “Standard Registration in Cart”
• Click Next
• Email: No need to add this. Will be free with your hosting package.
• Web Hosting: No need to add this, we will do that in Step 2.
• Click NEXT
• Verify that your discount showed up in the GREEN box to the right.
• Select “Continue to Checkout”
• Enter your payment information
• Place Order
• You will receive a welcome email from Go Daddy with your login info. Email to email@example.com
STEP TWO: Hosting
Hosting is like the house on the lot. This is where we will actually do all the building and designing.
• Click the above link, it will open in a new window
• Select “View Hatching Plans” in the middle of the page
• Select “Hatchling” Plan
• In the second box “I currently have a domain” enter the new address you just purchased from Go Daddy. (example: www.pentopixelgraphics.com)
• Select the billing time you want (pay monthly or 6, 12,24,36 months at a time)
• Create a user name and password
• Enter your billing info
• Click Create account.
That’s it! We will email you as soon as we have received your login information to go over any last details before we begin.
Please feel free to email us if you have any questions at all!
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to get this process started. We look forward to working with you!
Pen to Pixel Graphics